Why renovate your home!!
Renovating can be costly and inconvenient, but can also increase the value and enjoyment of your home. We look at the main reasons for renovating and how to avoid overcapitalising.
Good reasons for renovating
There are two main reasons people renovate:
- To add to the comfort, use and value of the home.
- To tidy it up to sell.
Renovating can be a costly and inconvenient business. Before you launch into renovations, take time to consider whether the expense and disruption is justified.
Staying in the home
If you intend staying in the home you may want to:
- Add extra space to accommodate an expanding family, or simply to add a sense of spaciousness.
- Add rooms for special purposes, such as an office or games room.
- Change the configuration of the house for better flow, ease of use or orientation to sun and views.
- Update and remodel to give the house a fresher, more modern look – this could involve major changes such as taking out walls to enlarge a room, putting in a new kitchen, or installing new wallboards and ceilings. Or it could simply be a matter of painting or wallpapering.
- Restore the house to its original style (while adding modern features in some areas, like the kitchen and bathroom).
- Add value to increase your investment.
Renovating to sell
If you are renovating to sell, it is likely that you’ll want to give the house an inexpensive makeover to freshen it up and make it more attractive to buyers. For example, repainting, repapering, or changing dated or damaged fixtures, such as a cracked basin in the bathroom.
You need to consider the tastes of potential buyers, which really means keeping everything fairly neutral to appeal to a wider range of people. Not everyone warms to bright feature walls or pink bathtubs.
Renovations that will increase the appeal of your home may include painting the kitchen and bathroom, or putting in some decking to give an indoor-outdoor flow and an increased sense of space or some landscaping.
Don’t spend money that you won’t get back in the sale price. Ask a real estate agent for ideas to increase the house’s appeal, and how much you should spend without overcapitalising.
Are you planning to renovate home or office!!
Are you willing to go for interior design works for your farmhouse!!
Are you thinking to do complete remodelling of your clinic or nursing home!!
Are you looking for reliable and famous builder or interior design company in Delhi Gurgaon India!!
Maxwell Estate Builders Pvt Ltd
T: +91 99 99 40 20 80
T: +91 99 99 67 00 06
T: +91 99 99 68 00 06
Online Enquiry or request a call back here