Before starting a clinic- some basic tips- How to setup a good clinic
Dr Mansoor Ali
Know Your Needs
When deciding to set up an independent practice the basic requirements are
- Instruments & Medicines
- large number of patients
- Financial support
Location for your clinic
- Near residences or educational institution
- Observe the communities living in the localities around.
- Your professional success depends on how acceptable you are to the locals.
- An urban area offers more opportunities rural area.
- Places of worship offer a fertile ground for network and social contacts.
- A location which provides ample growth opportunities for you and your family, socially and economically
Keep in mind following for success.
- A clinic in a shopping center or mall.
- A clinic on a busy street.
- A medical complex or a hospital.
- Observe the demand for a homoeopath in an area.
- A clinic with a retired or aged homoeopath will need for a new doctor in the long run.
- Doctor chamber
- Waiting room
- Parking area
- Staff necessary
- Attention must be given to ventilation, air quality, noise pollution, cabinet for files and medicines
- The flooring surface not only enhances the look of the clinic but also contributes in creating a comfortable feeling
- The design chosen should make the rooms look more spacious and comfortable.
- Painted walls are cost-effective and easy to clean
- Visit few clinics before you starts
- Service of an interior designer
- It’s set up and design impresses the patients about the quality of treatments offered.
- The lobby is made luxurious, stress-free and comfortable for the visitor with a TV set, music systems, subtle lighting etc.
- No compromise on quality
- Sealed bottles
- 30 ml enough
Hiring the staff
Three crucial factors :- compatibility, education and experience.
- Discuss and clarify issues such as salary, compensation, benefits if any, work timings, etc. in detail and only then hire the applicant.
- Review their performance and compensate them with incentives at regular intervals.
- Address their issues from a neutral point of view.
- Hire freshers and train them as a viable option.
Sharing Contract Clinics
- This involves sharing of time, space and equipment by two or more doctors.
- Practice independently at different timings, though occupying the common space.
- Issues on medicine purchase and maintenance need clarification before preparing the contract.
- For some doctors, promoting self-practice is unethical.
- But it is important to attract maximum number of patients to run a clinic cost -effectively.
- As a new doctor, you need to attract patients.
- A satisfied patient is brand ambassadorfor promoting the service you give
- The patient’s experience in the clinic forms the reputation of the doctor.
- The patient expect punctuality, caring attitude, empathy, friendly environment, respect and courteous communication
- Use different type of tablets and globules
- Every time you interact with patients call them by their names.
- There is no fixed fee charged by the doctor.
- Some change less fee to attract more patients, while the rest charge for the cost of facilities offered.
- Charge your patients reasonably.
- Highlight the benefits and the salient features of your services.
- Sometimes patients complain of the charges being higher than a general physician.
- You can explain that your charges are for the specialised professional services and facilities provided
Create a Brand
- Create simple and distinct business cards.
- Always carry them with you and distribute them to the people you interact with.
- Brochures or newsletters can be circulated to the patients with treatment details, significance and salient features.
- Stock recent magazines and newspapers highlighting importance of homeopathy in various disorders.
- Update yourself with the latest news on nutritional aspects
- Make arrangements to give advise to patients on emergency visit.
- Train your staff in communication skills to deal with the patients effectively.
- Make your web site more patient friendly and interactive in nature.
- Reach the clinic on time.
- Don’t make the patients wait for you.
- In case of unavoidable circumstances convey a message to the concerned patient through appropriate staff.
- More and more clinics with state of the art facilities are coming up every day.
- This reflects the confidence of the treating homeopath and boosts the satisfaction of the client.
- Many of them with ISO and NABH certification & other Accreditations
Expenses for the Clinic Maintenance:
- A few months after starting the practice, make a list of following expenses with the amount needed:
- Room rent for the clinic, staff salary, purchase of medicine and dispensing utensils, printing expenses, advertising charges, telephone bill, current bill, mobile bill, water bill, petrol expenses, clinic maintenance charges, taxes, insurance, license renewal, CME expenses, association registration, etc.
- Calculate the average expense per month, and divide that amount by 30. That will give you the Daily Average Expense.
- At any cost, we must put that amount daily, in a container or a local bank. And use that money only for the works mentioned above.
Amount to be deposited as Investment:
Make a day fixed in a week, and deposit a specific amount as per our income, preferably in another bank. After several years of practice, when we turn back, we must feel happy to have some basic asset that will make us proud. Of course, we can buy land or any other valid property using this. But make sure that we NEVER spoil this money by going behind fake deposit schemes, money chain, ‘double your money business’ etc. Greedy people often suffer from financial loss!
Money to Help the People in Need
We must help the Poor people, orphans, sick individuals, starving people, victims of calamities, etc. The amount can be considered as per the income and financial status.
NEVER use credit card, always use the debit card, because we must use the money we have, not the money someone else is holding!
Want to build or set up doctor’s clinic in New Delhi!!
Want to remodel renovate redesign your clinic or nursing home!!
Want to set up a big medical centre healthcare facility in New Delhi!!
Planning to construct or build a Hospital Nursing Home Diagnostic Centre!!
Thinking to open private healthcare centre for beauty treatment in New Delhi India!!
We can help you build a hospital clinic or nursing home in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida NCR India!!
Maxwell Estate Builders
T: +91 9999 40 20 80
T: +91 9999 67 0006